To our valued patients,
We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. Our community is progressing through a time of uncertainty, and we are all looking forward to brighter days ahead. We are excited to reopen our office on June 2, 2020, with new protocols and guidelines to help protect our patients and staff.
The application of strict, evidence-based universal infection control measures has always been our top priority. We have always followed the CDC-CAL/OSHA guidelines in prevention of cross-contamination. Please know that the precautions we use every day in preventing the spread of infection in our practice also prevents the spread of COVID -19. In addition we have updated our protocol to maximize the protection against spread of COVID-19.
Here are some of the changes you will notice when it is time for your next dental appointment, all of which have been made to help protect our patients and team.
- Health screening questionnaire: We will contact you the day before your appointment and upon arrival to complete a health questionnaire.
- Curbside check in: Please check in when you arrive in the parking lot via phone or text at 707-763-2621. We kindly ask only the patient come into the office unless you require assistance or are accompanying a minor.
- Please enter the office with a mask on. A contactless thermometer will be used to take your temperature. We will have hand sanitizer available for your use.
- We have altered our schedule to allow for proper social distancing practices. We will space appointments out to reduce contact and allow additional time to exercise strict disinfection protocol.
- We will be regularly cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched areas including door handles and countertops.
- We have upgraded our masks and will use face shields. Disposable gowns will be used when the procedure indicates.
- Everyone on our team will be screened daily, and we will be wearing masks at all times to protect you.
- You may notice that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys, and so forth, as these items are difficult to disinfect.
In addition to these changes, we have placed plexiglass barriers, upgraded our HVAC filtration system, invested in a new high-capacity vacuum system, and continue to use intra-oral devices that reduce 90%-95% of the aerosols. We will use HEPA air purifiers with UV sanitation throughout the office and continue to evaluate new technologies as they become available.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we are implementing to keep you, and everyone, safe in our practice. Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming you back to our office.
Dr. Navid and Team